Our History, Our Future
St. Paul’s Catholic School has been providing the only Catholic education in Canyon County since 1922.
Dominican Sisters were the first teachers at St. Paul’s and lead classroom instruction until 1929, then changed leadership to the Sisters of the Holy Cross. 10 years later the school came to be under the instruction of the Benedictine Sisters until 2001 when our beloved Sister Scholastica Uhlenkott retired to the Monastery of St. Gertrude in Cottonwood.
Teachers and administrators now lead our classrooms under the guidance and assistance of our Parish Pastor and school Principal.
We take our certification process very seriously and only allow the best educational opportunities for our students. We are accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA), the same program used by all Catholic schools in Idaho.
St. Paul’s Catholic School has an average enrollment of 160 students. This offers our students one-on-one time with their teacher and dedication to their learning. Our classrooms range in size from 7 to 20 students, once the class size exceeds between 20 and 25 students, a teacher’s aide is hired to assist in the classroom.
At St. Paul’s Catholic School we believe:
- Your child will learn and grow in a nurturing community that supports a living faith.
- Your child will receive a quality Catholic education that enables them to become a contributing member of the Church and Society.
- Your child will be provided a distinctively Catholic education through the integration of Catholic beliefs and values in all learning experiences.
- Your child will receive a Catholic education in partnership with family, parish and the community, as a means of developing learners who can contribute positively to the Church and Society.
At St. Paul’s Catholic School we offer a student-centered learning environment that:
- Fosters the development of the whole person as an individual.
- Nurtures values, skills and the ability to learn based on individual potential.
- Processes broad general knowledge.
- Develops a skillful use of technology.
- Provides a safe and secure learning environment in which everyone is respected as a child of God.
- Teaches communication skills effectively across the content areas.
- Promotes Christ-like behavior in all learners as a basis of school discipline.
In 2013 our parish opened the new St. Paul’s Catholic Church, just a few miles from the old location. The new church was phase one of our capital projects, with an events center and school to follow.
St. Paul’s parish has started the Phase II of its capital campaign. St. Paul’s Catholic School is excited as this includes building a new elementary school and middle school at the new church location on Roosevelt in Nampa.
Thanks to the dedication of our great parish, Phase I, the new St. Paul’s Catholic Church, was opened in 2013. It is located at 501 W. Roosevelt in Nampa, the future site of a new events center and school.
These school and events center renderings are subject to change as the project moves forward and we look to create the best educational facility for our students.
St. Paul's Catholic School
Academic Excellence in a Faith-Filled Environment Since 1922
1515 8th Street South
Nampa, ID 83651
Phone: (208) 467-3601
Fax: (208) 467-6485